Saturday, January 21, 2012

And then there was snow...

     I awoke this morning to the rumbling sound of a snow plow. I excitedly jumped up to look out the window and there was my snow! You can never really tell what is going to happen with the prediction of snow, so I wasn't going to get my hopes up. I must say, that I am impressed with the way the snow plows handled the snowy streets. They passed nearly every thirty minutes and the roads stayed clear. They even waved and honked the horn at Dylan. Nothing nicer than a friendly snow plow guy.
    The tradition in this neighborhood is to walk (sled in tow) over to the golf course, where you will find the fence to have been cut by some random unidentified neighbor, and then you must sled to your heart's content until the cops come to chase everyone away. I am not usually a law breaker, but you can't argue with tradition now can you?
     That person in the foreground is Dylan trudging to the hill. We were only able to sled a few times, unfortunately, because Dylan got snow in his boots. Once that happens, fun time is over. All in all, it was a good day filled with snowball tossing, warm hot chocolate, trespassing, and of course... dog walking.
See that big smile? He's having fun!
Yours Truly,

     

No comments:

Post a Comment