Monday, November 21, 2011

Grumpy day in New York town...

     Today should have been a great day, because I was asked to go to my son's Kindergarten class to make corn muffins for the Thanksgiving feast. I decided that I needed an energy boost so I drove over to Starbucks beforehand. In the drive thru (which typically, I don't even use) I scooted a little too close to the car in front of me and made a tiny screw head sized scrape on her bumper. In the past on two separate occasions, I have had college aged girls bump into and make dents and I just let it go But when I make a teeny little scrape, an old lady jumps all over me. Shouldn't I be having good karma for being so nice to strangers?
    
     Oh well, I guess that I have to have a really crappy day every now and then, otherwise I wouldn't appreciate the great days. After all, I did make it to the corn muffin project, and Dylan's little sunshine smile made me feel better. It's easy to forget the important things in life when you start concentrating on upsetting events. In my little family, we are all healthy and thriving and that is really all that matters. What is life about anyway? It's certainly not worth wasting my energy on being upset about a little accident.

     No matter how trivial your impact on the world may seem, you are a significant part of someone's life. Whether it be your children, your spouse, your extended family, friends, or even just yourself. Each and every one of us play an important role. We all should just be happy and grateful that we have the honor of playing a part in the play, with all of its positive and negative attributes. That alone is enough to make me realize that I shouldn't be upset about such a silly thing. After all, they are called bumpers for a reason; I just made it live up to its name :)

     I don't feel so grumpy anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment